Posters & Flyers Perth, WA
Posters and flyers can be a remarkably effective way of getting your message out to the public. Whether you want to generate support for a project, raise awareness about an event, or inform the public about a community issue, posters and flyers help you communicate with community members. This section discusses how you can make an use posters and flyers as part of your organization’s communications plan.
You probably already know what posters and flyers are: printed sheets meant to be posted in a public place or private workplace. Posters tend to be fairly large and professionally printed, and almost always feature an illustration, while flyers (also known as miniposters) are usually 8 ½” x 11″ or so, might be simply photocopied or e-mailed, and often rely solely on words to get their point across. Posters and flyers are usually informational in nature. They can also be used to affirm positive behaviors or draw people to an event.
ADVANTAGES OF POSTERS AND FLYERS
Posters and flyers can be displayed almost anywhere. However, places where you have a “captive audience” are the best:
- school classrooms (particularly when you’re targeting younger children)
- examination and waiting rooms at dental and medical clinics
- buses or other public transit
- community service organization offices
- community bulletin boards in markets and laundromats
- windows of downtown businesses
- anyplace where people will be standing in line